Friday, April 27, 2012

More Wisdom from a 4-Year Old

On Wednesday, Margaux got into a disagreement with a friend who came over to play.  All reports indicated that Margaux was clearly the one at fault.  Later that evening I sat Margaux down to ask her why she acted the way she did.  Her response?  "I made a mistake, Mom.  I have to make those to improve."  Hmmm.  Sounds a little like Eddie Haskell to me, but ok.

The next day at school, Margaux's teacher told me another story.  Margaux and the other kids had been on the playground blowing dandelions and making wishes.  When her teacher asked what she had wished for, Margaux said, "I don't make wishes.  I have everything I need."  I'm going to confess to needing a dose of that philosophy.

1 comment:

Brad and Elizabeth said...

I wish I had her in my class! She would keep me smiling all day!!!