Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blizzard v2.0 - Part I

Sheesh...enough already. We got a load of snow dumped on us again Tuesday night. I'm guessing around 6-8". Two college kids rang the doorbell Thursday around noon, offering to shovel the driveway for $20. I instinctively said no (I sort of knee-jerk say no to anyone who comes to the door), then about half an hour later realized what I had done and ran outside to find them. Alas, they were long gone, and I had to shovel the *&%*!* myself. Stupid stupid stupid.

[UPDATE - Thurs, 10-Feb-2011: The temp plunged to well below zero here last night. Poor Cindy had to haul herself up to school to educate the ignorant in weather that was -15 degrees...yes, that's NEGATIVE FIFTEEN! It had warmed up some by the time I got out (around 1:00pm); it was up to 20 above.]

This is what the front yard looks like (you can see the outline of the sidewalk).



I had to get out with the shovel to clear a path so Ferg could go do his business ("In the land where the Schnauzer's go / Don't you eat that yellow snow")



Cindy sat inside to read the paper while Margaux watched Curious George.

No comments: