Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Parents are One Step Behind

From Mike:
Thursday morning at school drop-off, I was suiting Margaux up in her
raincoat in the door of the minivan. (It was pouring this AM.) And
she has a matching umbrella that she loves, too. When I gave her the
umbrella and got my umbrella, she said, "Put it over your head, like a
shell, Daddy!" I asked, "What animal has a shell?" thinking she'd of
course say turtle. She answered: "Limpet." So I said, "Well, turtles
have shells." She looked at me and said: "snails." So, yeah,
obviously her dad has no idea what animals have shells.

I didn't even remember that there *was* something called a limpet.
But according to Wikipedia it's "a common name for numerous different
kinds of saltwater and freshwater snails."

From Cindy:
Last night Margaux kept pulling the covers off her bed as fast as I put them on. It was late, and I wasn't amused. I finally said, "Margaux, don't do that again!" She burst into tears and started sobbing. When she finally calmed down a bit, I said, "Margaux, when Mommy says no, you don't have to get so upset. Just stop whatever it is you are doing." She took a few seconds and looked at me with her big, wet, brown eyes and said, "But, it would be so much more fun if you would just say Yes."

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Now that is funny.

Lisa said...

Too. smart. for. her. own. good.

And FUNNY!!!